Large businesses have many administration processes within the company which can get complicated at a point. But businesses find ways to sustain the growth. In order to focus on the current priorities, businesses reach out to BPO and SSC services.
By taking this step, businesses can focus more on their current priorities and hand their back-office and front-office work to professionals. BPO and SSC pave the way to reach goals, meet deadlines, get new clients, and grow your business.
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is the process of contracting a third party outside the company to take care of some activities of the business. Some of the major areas BPO services assist businesses with are payroll, accounting, telemarketing, data recording, social media, and customer support.
In contrast, an organization’s SSC is a centralized division that offers support services to numerous departments or business divisions. It’s when a business consolidates some of its functions to achieve efficiencies. human resources, data analytics, project management, and facilities management are some of the services rendered by SSC.
What differentiates BPO and SSC?
BPO and SSC are not mutually exclusive which means they can be used together at the same time.
The main difference between Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Shared Services Centers( SSC) is that BPO involves getting an external company hired to handle specific tasks or processes, shared services on the other hand refer to the internal sharing of resources and expertise within a company.
A company may outsource its customer service to an external BPO provider, to handle HR and IT support.
Businesses reach out to SSC for data analytics. As they make data-driven decisions, this makes it easier for them to analyze and identify new trends in the market.
What is AI Automation?
Artificial Intelligence is a constellation of many different technologies working together to enable machines to sense, comprehend, act, and learn with human-like levels of intelligence.
Applying traditional machine learning methods to real-world business problems is time-consuming, resource-intensive, and challenging. Therefore businesses have shifted to automation to ease their business tasks.
AI Automation for BPO and SSC services
Automation for BPO
The manual method of doing tasks embedded in a workflow often lead to human errors and data loss causing delays and re-work of the entire process. This is considered a big drawback by businesses operating at large scale.
For example, data entry is a repetitive task that can be considered as a type of BPO service. Manually entering data can cause high chances of human errors. Data entry automation is one of the solutions to tackle this issue. Data entry tasks can be automated with the help of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technologies, avoiding the risk of human errors.
BPO automation, in particular, increases efficiency as well as accuracy, and incorporating AI in BPO presents a world of new opportunities.
Automation for SSC
Repetitive, manual tasks are demotivating for employees of businesses. Automation helps SSC’s to achieve cost efficiencies through workflows and tools for standardized processes.
Let’s look into some advantages of using AI automation in BPO and SSC services
- Thousands of documents can be scanned and extracted faster in less time- Businesses across many industries handle large amounts of claims, invoices, applications, call records, employee and customer records, and other data documentation. By shifting to AI automation, businesses process data entry much faster. Well-developed AI systems can now read and understand the characters in these documents within seconds.
- Elimination of Errors – In AI automation, bots can even evaluate data and information so that BPO and SSC businesses can eliminate errors.
If any wrong data is extracted by OCR, AI will identify and notify employees for manual validation.
- High Security- Even when companies have trustworthy employees working for them, entering sensitive data can still be a privacy concern. As AI automation softwares do not recognize the importance or value of entered data, the privacy of clients is secured.
Due to advanced technologies used by AI, data is protected as only authorized personnels have access to these data.
- Increased Efficiency – In the modern era of automation, BPO and SSC services can do their work efficiently compared to work done by humans in the early years. As bots don’t have the feeling of fatigue and tiredness which humans have, they can do the desired work efficiently. As a result, employees can be allocated to more value-added tasks.
- Enter data once with machine learning – Whether it is a BPO or SSC company, you have to train your employees with the work they are assigned as it gives them an understanding of their job nature. But with AI automation, it’s just the process of entering data once and the software can do any related tasks afterward. And if the bots need to learn something new, you can either replace them with new bots or change their programming.
How is AI Automation affecting the human workforce?
Many people fear AI will take over all their jobs and leave them unemployed. But that’s not the case. Automating your BPO or SSC businesses can reduce the stress and workload of employees.
It means they finally have time to focus more on the value-added tasks that the bots can’t do.
In contrast, Automation creates many jobs. These new professions can require different skills to work in this automation period. Therefore workers will have to upskill and reskill in their careers to survive in the future world of automation.
How can PaperEntry assist you?
As a BPO or SSC business, you may have large data to be managed and dealt with on a daily basis. Entering data manually can be time-consuming, error-prone, and costly.
PaperEntry is an AI automation solution designed to work with different types of documents. The documents can be retrieved through shared folders, and emails via APIs.
PaperEntry not only provides the aforementioned facilities but also ensures the trust and security of your data.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org